Prescribed Burning Media
There are many videos, podcasts, recorded webinars, and other forms of media that cover topics related to prescribed burning. Those listed on this page are just some of the many resources available to use for training and communicating about prescribed fire.
- Archbold Biological Station Videos
- Behind the Flames (Big Cypress National Preserve, 2019)
- The Benefits of Hard Decisions: Applying Lessons from Wilderness Fire (Northern Rockies Fire Science Exchange, 2020)
- Burner Bob: A Cool Dude with a Hot Message! (The Longleaf Alliance, 2019) (Georgia Wildlife, 2020)
- Chattahoochee Fall Line Prescribed Fire Co-Op: Opportunities for Private Landowners (2020)
- Dobyns Bennett High School Prescribed Fire Pulaski Club Promo (2021)
- The Ecological Benefits of Fire (Mission Unstoppable, 2021)
- Fire in the Pines Festival Video Mini-Series (2020)
- Fish and Fire (Northwest Fire Science Consortium, 2019)
- Great Plains Fire Science Exchange Videos
- How Prescribed Fire Improves Native Habitat for Whitetails (GrowingDeer.tv, 2020)
- Introduction to Wildland Fuel Management (World of Wildland Fire, 2018)
- Longleaf on the Short Video Series (North Carolina Forest Service, 2019)
- Louisiana Prescribed Fire Workshop (LSU Forestry and Wildlife Extension, 2020)
- Misconceptions and Benefits of Fire (USDA Forest Service, 2019)
- Montane Longleaf Pine Forests Risks, Mitigation, and Management (Forest Stewards Guild, 2021)
- Texas Longleaf Task Force Videos for Landowners
- Picture Creek Diabase Barren Woodland Restoration (North Carolina Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services, 2020)
- Pinnacle Mountain Fire – Interview with Mike Bozzo (NC State Extension, 2019)
- Prescribed Fire, Good (NC State Parks, 2021)
- Prescribed Burn Virtual Field Tour (Southern Fire Exchange & North Carolina Prescribed Fire Council, 2020)
- United South and Eastern Tribes Videos (2020)
- What Happens to Wildlife During a Prescribed Fire? (Alachua Conservation Trust, 2020)
- Wild Florida (Nature on PBS, 2020)
Videos en Español
- El Fuego Prescrito (Pau Costa Foundation, 2017)
- ¿Qué es una Quema Prescrita? (Pau Costa Foundation, 2016)
- WUI – Interfase Urbano-Forestal (Pau Costa Foundation, 2017)
Tienes recursos en español? Compartes con Pau Costa Foundation – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current River Pinery Podcast Tour – from Oak Woodlands & Forests Fire Consortium
- Fire Ecology Chats – From Association for Fire Ecology
- The Fire Learning Trail – Introduces listeners to the role of fire in the Southern Appalachians, wildland firefighting, and local history
- The Fire Story – Provides communication professionals and the public with nuanced understanding of Oregon’s wildland fire environment
- Fire University – Covers how fire ecology research relates to the management of wildlife and plants, part of the Natural Resources University podcast network
- Friends of Fire – The Southern Fire Exchange podcast discusses a variety of fire science topics relevant to the South
- Good Fire Podcast – Covers the indigenous use of “good fire” is used around the globe.
- Hot and Dry – Season 2 covers a wide variety of fire-related topics.
- Learn, Baby, Burn – Created by the Michigan Prescribed Fire Council, this podcast will cover a variety of prescribed fire topics.
- On The Line – Covers topics of interest to wildland firefighters, including mental health, the pack test, and health considerations.
- Wildland Fire Lessons Learned Center Podcast
- World on Fire: This five-part podcast from CBC Edmonton goes to the front lines of fires in Canada, Australia and California, and “look at what it takes to find hope in the midst of fear.”
- Single Episodes
- How Tribal Members Are Shaping the Federal Government’s Wildfire Strategy (January 2020)
- Outside Podcast Episode: The Future of Fire (September 2018)- Explores the success of prescribed fire use in Florida, the many factors hindering its use to address fire issues in the West, and the possible solutions.
- Perspectives: Prescribed Burns (July 2018)- Kevin Hiers and Dr. Kevin Robertson (Tall Timbers) and Dr. David Godwin (Southern Fire Exchange at the University of Florida) join WFSU in Tallahassee, FL to discuss issues surrounding prescribed fire.
- Preventing Carolina Wildfires (November 2020)
- Scientists are Burning the Woods, and No One Knows Why! (July 2020)
- Sustainable Living: Florida’s Natural Ecosystems and Prescribed Burning (January 2019)- Fire professionals from the Sarasota, FL area discuss the importance of prescribed fire and how fires are planned, and conducted.
- When Wildfires Hit Close to Home (March 2020)
- Webinar Archives
- Individual Webinars (Not included in listed webinar archives)
- African American attitudes toward & experiences with controlled burning in Alabama, Florida, and Georgia (August 2020)
- Building Effective Partnerships with Indigenous Communities (April 2021)
- Cocktails and Conservation: Prescribed Fire (May 2020)
- Fire in North Carolina: A Human and Natural History (March 2020)
- Incorporating Cultural Intelligence to Develop Effective Climate Adaptation Planning (November 2020)
- Prioritizing Areas for Table Mountain Pine Restoration with Prescribed Fire (November 2020)
- Stephen Pyne: The Pyrocene: How Humanity Created a Fire Age (October 2020)