Webinar: Prescribed Fire Opportunities for Forestry Consultants (Aug 8, 2013)
**Note: This webinar has ended. Please visit http://www.forestrywebinars.net/webinars/prescribed-fire-opportunities-for-forestry-consultants to watch the archived webinar.
You are invited to attend a live webinar presented by North Carolina State University, USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service, and North Carolina Forest Service.
Who should participate?
Forestry Consultants who service clients in North Carolina
What will you learn?
Participate to gain insight on prescribed fire opportunities. Topics will include income and training opportunities, prescribed fire resources, insurance options, and liability protection.
August 8, 2013 10-11 am US/Eastern
Visit http://www.forestrywebinars.net/webinars/prescribed-fire-opportunities-for-forestry-consultants to join the session on the day of the webinar.
***Please join the session 15 minutes prior to the start of the webinar.***
Jennifer Evans, Prescribed Fire Extension Assistant, North Carolina State University
Don Riley, State Biologist, USDA-NRCS
Education credits have been approved from the following organizations:
Society of American Foresters – 1 hour Category 1 Credit
The Wildlife Society- 1 hour Category 1 Credit
Note: This program is now approved for credit.
Configuring Your Computer for First Time Webinar Attendees
This webinar will be delivered via Blackboard Collaborate. Before connecting to Blackboard Collaborate for the first time, make sure to complete the Configuration setup. You should do this at least 72 hours ahead of time. Please use the same location and equipment that you will use when you attend the actual Blackboard Collaborate session(s) to complete the following steps:
1. Go to http://go.ncsu.edu/configuration
2. Make sure Step 1 shows two checks. If you do not see a check, follow the instructions to obtain the latest version of Java.
3. Enter the Configuration Room as outlined in Step 2. Follow the directions in the Configuration Room to test your audio setup, set your connection speed, and set up your profile.
If you have any problems configuring Blackboard Collaborate, call 877-382-2293 (select Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing version 11). Blackboard Collaborate support is available 24 hours day, 7 days a week.
On the Day of the Live Webinar:
- Go to the following website to join the webinar: http://www.forestrywebinars.net/webinars/prescribed-fire-opportunities-for-forestry-consultants; **note that the webinar will not open until approximately 15 minutes prior to the start of the session.
- You will be directed to the “Join Session” page. On the “Join Session” page, for the session, select guest and enter your FULL name and email to login (no password is needed). Click “Log In” to join the session. The webinar will then load on your computer. Once you are in the session please follow the information on audio setup.
- You will need a headset to listen to the webinar if your computer does not have speakers.
- If the webinar does not load on your computer and you are redirected to the sessions page; repeat the steps above, but do not wait for the session to load automatically. Click on “manually start the session.”
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more information