Evidence of Effectiveness in the Cohesive Strategy: Measuring and Improving Wildfire Response
Toddi Steelman will be presenting “Evidence of Effectiveness in the Cohesive Strategy: Measuring and Improving Wildfire Response” (Steelman and Nowell, 2017) at the National Cohesive Wildland Fire Management Strategy Workshop this year. The workshop will take place in Reno, Nevada from April 25-27.
The strategy workshop objectives include:
- Provide clear understanding of the importance and critical role of science in all Cohesive Strategy planning and implementation (leaders intent on why, where we are now, and where we will be when completed or in the future).
- Reinforce that the focus of the Cohesive Wildland Fire Strategy implementation is “all hands, all lands” and that seamless access to the best available and correct science is vital to success at every level and every action.
- Identify examples and opportunities where implementation (current and planned) is informed by the ‘right’. science and information.
- Identify processes to ensure science integration in all planning and implementation activities and identify future research needs in support of Cohesive Strategy implementation.
- Utilize the Workshop format to develop recommendations for continuing actions on this subject.
For more information, visit http://nrfirescience.org/event/national-cohesive-wildland-fire-management-strategy-workshop
Steelman and Nowell
National Cohesive Wildland Fire Management Strategy Workshop—All Hands, All Lands: Implementation Rooted in Science
APRIL 25-27, 2017