USFS Wildland Fire Training/Job Opportunity for Veterans
Earn While You Learn Wildland Fire Suppression–Potential for Permanent Forest Service Careers!
Qualified veterans: apply now for paid training in prescribed burns and wildland fire suppression with potential to continue your valued national service by joining the ranks of professional firefighters with the U.S. Forest Service.
• Prescribed fire, wildland fire suppression and prevention
• Move dirt, chop brush, or fell small trees; patrol fireline to locate and extinguish sparks, flare-ups and hot spot fire; perform other resource management activities as assigned.
•Must be available from January 25, 2015 through April 2015 or longer.
• 18 years or older with positive attitude
• Honorable military discharge
• Meet VRA eligibility requirements
• Interest in outdoor work
• Salary: GS-02: $10.95 or GS-03: $11.95
• Must pass work capacity test during first week of employment as condition of employment.
• Must successfully complete 2 week basic firefighter training course on the Ocala National
Forest during first 2 weeks.
• Provide own transportation to/from duty site.
• Resume/DD-214 must be received by COB November 28, 2014.
Deidre Smith, Equal Opportunity Specialist, USDA Forest Service
Share this flyer with others!