The Terry Student Assistance and Enrichment Fund
Empowering Students Through Experience
Dr. Ron Terry, a 1976 graduate of Paper Science and Engineering, and Dale, his wife, established the the Ronald and Dale Terry Student Assistance and Enrichment Fund to provide financial support to enhance the academic and co-curricular experiences of undergraduate students in the College of Natural Resources.
With the support of this fund, students are able to pursue experiences outside of the classroom locally, nationally and abroad. Since 2015, hundreds of students have had the opportunity to participate in study abroad, research, professional development, and more. A few of the many experiences our students have pursued include:
- Establishing a farmers market in a small NC community
- Creating an independent perma-culture documentary
- Conducting research in an African village to help promote sustainable tourism
- Volunteering in an orphan crisis village in Haiti
- Completing an internship with Cal Ripken Baseball Organization
- Attending the GreenBuild Conference
This site highlights written student reflections of their experiences.